7.24.2011

quotes: washington, dc

1. This country and its institutions belong to the people who inhibit it.
InHABit.
InHABit it.

2. It never fails to amaze me what a man will do to get into the Oval Office.

3. It's surrounded by guards and video monitors and little families from Iowa and little kids on their eighth grade field trips.

4. No, sir, I'm afraid not, no sir. I yielded the floor once before, if you can remember, and I was practically never heard of again. No sir. And we might as well all get together on this yielding business right off the bat, now.

5. You want to know about politics in Washington? Four words. Watch your back, Jack.

6. Last time I checked, I thought we lived in a free country, so...
No, we don't.
No?
It's the United States of "Don't Touch That Thing Right in Front of You."

6 comments:

B Porter said...

3. Albuquerque, see I can do it too.
5. You are such a boy scout.
6. Ba-ran-don

Laney said...

Blaine's comment wins hands down. Its Sunday night and he's in fine form.

Erika said...

1. Born Yesterday?
2.
3. National Treasure
4.
5.
6. Night at the Museum II Battle of the Smithsonian (thanks, Blaine, for the extra clue)

Millie Motts said...

Nicely done, Blaine!

I'll wait just a bit longer until posting the answers.

Scott said...

4. Mr. Smith Goes to Washington?

Millie Motts said...

Another fantastic group effort!

1. Born Yesterday
2. The Pelican Brief
3. National Treasure
4. Mr. Smith Goes to Washington
5. Clear and Present Danger
6. Night at the Museum II: Battle of the Smithsonian