7.29.2011

guess who.

As a teen, he worked in an ice cream shop.

He attended USC as an undergrad and majored in pre-law.

His first job at the film studio was a job in the prop department, which he got in exchange for USC football tickets. At the time, he was on the football team, but later had to quite after a bodysurfing injury.

His favorite drink was Sauza Commemorativo Tequila, and he often served it with ice that he had chipped from an iceberg during one of his voyages on his yacht, "The Wild Goose.".

He once made a cameo appearance on "The Beverly Hillbillies". When asked how he wanted to be paid, his answer was "Give me a fifth of bourbon - that'll square it."

Among his favorite leisure activities were playing bridge, poker, and chess.

His birth name was Marion Robert Morrison.

4 comments:

Laney said...

And I love every single movie I've ever watched with him in it. Blaine and I have a bet that my dad has an internal battle between wanting to be him and Bruce Willis. If you remember the beaver hat at our wedding, that's enough to convince anyone he's trying to be JW.

Erika said...

I have a new goal in life--to hew ice from an iceberg to use when I serve drinks. That just sounds cool. I'll put in on my (ice)bucket list. ;)

Scott said...

I just love that one of the manliest men in our cultural history is named Marion

B Porter said...

For someone with Latin wives, his Spanish accent in all the movies sucks. Scott's Spanish/Russian accent is way better.