3.11.2010

the great race

the year: 1965

the genre: comedy

the cast: Tony Curtis (The Great Leslie); Jack Lemmon (Professor Fate); Natalie Wood (Maggie Dubois); Peter Falk (Max); Keenan Wynn (Hezekiah)




the plot: In 1908 in New York City, the villainous Professor Fate challenges The Great Leslie to a New York-to-Paris automobile race. Fate and his assistant Max enter their black Hannibal 8 against the white Leslie Special.


count: the number of times Professor Fate says, "Push the button, Max!"

don't miss: the best pie fight EVER.



check out: Maggie's fabulous hats

listen for: “Oh, of course I'll keep it to myself. Until the water reaches my lower lip, and then I'm going to mention it to *somebody*!”

4 comments:

J&C Hale family said...

The details you catch! The format you've got here looks to be a fun way to watch the movie too.

Erika said...

Ooh! What a fun idea.

It makes me want to watch the movie again. Maybe I can find another "Quakiutl (Kwah-kee-ootl)" to watch with! ;-)

Millie Motts said...

I added the pie fight - it's kind of small, but if you right click on the screen, it will give you an option to view on YouTube. MUCH easier to see and enjoy. :)

B Porter said...

That's a very short plot summary for a 3 hour movie with an intermission in the middle.