5.20.2011

guess who?

His trademark was his "rubbery" dancing style.

He recorded a children's album, The Churkendoose, featuring the story of a misfit fowl ("part chicken, turkey, duck, and goose") who teaches kids that beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it all "depends on how you look at things".

In his later years, he danced in a Dr Pepper television commercial and had a recurring role as the father of Shirley Partridge on The Partridge Family.

When asked how much money he made from the repeat showings of his most famous film, he often responded, “No residuals, just immortality.”

4 comments:

Scott said...

I had to look this one up. He seemed very familiar, but I didn't recognize him without his hat and black nose.

Erika said...

Is he the Scarecrow in the Wizard of Oz?

Scott said...

I could tell you Erika, "If I only had a braaaaaiiin"

Millie Motts said...

Yes, indeedy! Answer: Ray Bolger

I loved him as Barnaby in Babes in Toyland.