1.27.2011

high school musical

Mock me if you will, but I like this happy little ditty of a movie. And while I can't recommend the sequels as highly, if you haven't seen this - give it a chance. You might like it.


the year: 2006

the genre: musical


the cast: Zac Efron (Troy Bolton); Vanessa Hudgens (Gabriella Montez); Ashley Tisdale (Sharpay Evans); Lucas Grabeel (Ryan Evans); Monique Coleman (Taylor McKessie); Corbin Bleu (Chad Danforth); Oleysa Rulin (Kelsi Nielsen)


the plot: Troy Bolton and Gabriella Montez meet over winter break after being forced to sing together at a party. They become friends, but don't expect to see each other again. When Gabriella's mother is transferred before the spring semester starts, Troy and Gabriella end up at the same school. They decide to audition for the school's musical, which puts them on the hit list of Sharpay and Ryan Evans, the star siblings of every previous school musical.


don't miss: Zeke's creme brulee.


listen for: "Look, you're a hoops dude. Not a musical singer person. Have you ever seen Michael Crawford on a cereal box?" "Who's Michael Crawford?" "Exactly my point. He was the "Phantom of the Opera" on Broadway. Now my mom, she's seen that musical 27 times and she put Michael Crawford's picture in our refrigerator. Not on it. IN it. So my point is, if you play basketball, you'll end up on the cereal box. If you sing in musicals, you'll end up in my mom's refrigerator."


did you know: "High School Musical" was just the working title for the film while a better name was thought up. However, by the time post-production came, a better name had not been thought of so the producers unwillingly went for "High School Musical."



count: how many hats Ryan wears during the film.

1 comment:

Erika said...

So, how often do you think Corbin Bleu is called Cordon Blue? I think I'll name my children names that sound like food...