end of story
Well, fellow movie viewers, the time has come to say goodbye. In looking at the next six months, I realized that something's gotta give (hey - that's catchy!). I drew straws and sadly, work/the real world won over blogging on Let's See.
BUT - to send you off in style, here's one last quiz. Can you guess these movies from their last lines? (I know 20 is a lot, but it's only fitting we go out with a bang!) I'll post answers in the comments later this week.
1. "And so, ladies and gentlemen, you, too, like this satisfied customer, can solve all your problems by subscribing to an answering service."
2. "It's a far, far better thing I do than I have ever done. It's a far, far better rest I go to than I have ever known."
3. "Emily, I have a little confession to make. I really am a horse doctor. But marry me, and I'll never look at any other horse."
4. "May I obey all your commands with equal pleasure, Sire!"
5. "And oh, Auntie Em, there's no place like home."
6. "Louis, I think this is the beginning of a beautiful friendship."
7. "I’m not a cabdriver. I’m a coffeepot."
8. "Hey, Stella! Hey, Stella!"
9. "No patty fingers, if you please. The proprieties at all times. Hold on to your hats."
10. "I now pronounce you men and wives."
11. "The real king is on the throne, Jean is my very own, and life couldn't possibly, not even probably, life couldn't possibly better be!"
12. "Well, nobody's perfect."
13. "But before we start that, may I have the stamps?"
14. "Where the devil are my slippers?"
15. "Good. For a moment there, I thought we were in trouble."
16. "It's not like that at all. He's my brother."
17. "As you wish."
18. "Fellas, last year I made three million dollars. But your fifty thousand was the most fun. Are you ready? Then, let's go get 'em."
19. "Do I still have to sleep in the cupboard?"
20. "I sometimes catch myself looking up at the moon, remembering the changes of fortune in our long voyage, thinking of the thousands of people who worked to bring the three of us home. I look up at the moon, and wonder: When will we be going back? And who will that be?"
Bonus: "End of story."