9.09.2011

guest blogger: blaine

What's the best movie you've seen this year?
Unknown or Inception

What do you consider to be one of the most underrated movies?
The original Johnny Lingo

Best Soundtrack?
Pirates or Gettysburg

Have you ever watched a movie that changed your opinion about something? If so, what was it?
Bowling for Columbine changed my opinion of academia and documentaries. Metropolis changed my opinion of the 20s. Both for the negative.

Do you have a movie that's a guilty pleasure?
Poorly made movies like the early Bond movies and The Day After Tomorrow. I feel some guilt out of getting so much pleasure from their hoakeyness.

What's a movie that no one would expect you to love?
Up, El Dorado and Hitch

Name a movie that you didn't like at first, but that eventually grew on you.
Sense and Sensibility (Hugh Grant, Alan Rickman version)

What is your favorite movie based on a book?
To Kill A Mockingbird

Is there an older movie that you think would be great as a remake?
Xanadu, there are even more costumes and special effects they can work into that final number now.

What is the most hilarious movie you've ever seen?
Dirty Rotten Scoundrels or A Shot in the Dark

Name a movie that you love but everyone else hates (or vice versa).
Hate How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days, others love it.

Which movie(s) do you wish you had seen in the theater?
I think I've seen all the ones I would have wanted to in the theatre.

5 comments:

Scott said...

There may be more special effects, but where will they ever find someone to replace this guy?

http://www.trash80s.com.br/2011/04/por-onde-anda-voce-michael-beck-o-sonny-malone-de-xanadu/

Millie Motts said...

I must see this Day After Tomorrow you speak of so often.

Erika said...

I don't see your favorite musical? Is that because we already know it's The Slipper and the Rose? (innocent look with batting eyelashes)
I do like the Pirates soundtrack.

B Porter said...

I thought you had forgotten about me. Favorite musical was not one of the questions. Slipper almost made it under the heading films that should never have been made. :-D

Millie Motts said...

Well! (indignant look with hands on hips) Sounds like it's time for an earworm:

"Once I was loved....I knew I was loved" or maybe "Never court your colonel's daughter or he'll have your guts for garters!"